Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Is this real life?

Well, it's the end of an era. The era being that of the Leach, Tucker, Arnold Era. The day has come where Ben and Mary depart South Korea for their 5 month adventure together.



I have just said goodbye to them for the last time...for now...and I'm reaaal sad.

In the past year we have been on many adventures, and I mean real adventures! Hitchhiking on the side of a gorge in Taiwan, when it's near dark, and we have no idea how we'll even get back to the city because we didn't check train times kind of adventure, and many of the mountain/ocean/waterfall/forest/beach adventure variety.


We have shared so many laughing fits, watching you tube videos or just being hyped up on sugar or soju or just plain old life and existing.



We have shared tears...or perhaps more accurately I have shared my tears while they hugged me and cheered me up...but sharing tears sounds much more balanced :o)



We have shared favourite books and movies, knowledge and learning, and discussions about anything and everything that comes to our crazy and kooky brains.



We have shared many delicious meals, from sunday western breakfasts on special occasions to every Korean dish we could get our hands on.



I won't speak for them, but I have certainly been inspired and motivated by their presence in my life, and I can only hope that I have provided some sort of inspiration to their lives in return.



When I came to Korea I definitely did not expect to make strong connections with anyone, as this experience is temporary. Connections such as those I feel I have forged with Ben and Mary do not come along often, and I feel truly blessed to have made such relationships. They are not just my friends, they are my family. Relationships like these don't come along everyday, and I certainly cherish them.







Mary and Ben,

I don't think you two will ever truly know the magnitude of how much you mean to me and have meant to me over this last year. You are two very remarkable people who have contributed so much to my life. I will miss you beyond words.
Please travel safely and keep me in your heart and mind, cause thats right where you'll be with me!

Enjoy, be safe, live, love, and laugh,

Love you sooo muchy

Meagan






2 comments:

  1. Great memories, great pics, great writing! Thanks so much for this post, Meagan. It's really sweet. 2009 was definitely one of my best years. we made so many wonderful memories. Thanks for being a part of so many amazing adventures.

    Can't wait to make more when we're both back in Canada!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post miss Meagan! Looking at these pics gives me such a strong feeling of longing..... it's wonderful to be surrounded by family and friends, and even better when we can all recognize how special and valuable our connections are!

    Here's to Ben and Mary's next adventure, and to our continued adventure here in Korea!

    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete