Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's good to share

On a dreary, and rainy day there is nothing better than sitting indoors, near a window, with a book in one hand and a cup of tea in the other, and some sweet tunes playing in the background.

This is where I find myself. And I couldn't be more content.

I felt inspired to share my joy.

I am sitting in my seventh floor apartment, next to a floor to ceiling window with a view of the beautiful city I call home, and the mountain whose peaks I regularly admire and occasionally visit. I have one of the three books I am currently reading in my left hand (The Last Lecture), and a cup of green tea in my right hand. The tea is cradled in a stunning handmade cup that I acquired on my latest solo journey to Insadong, Seoul. The sweet sounds that my ears are fortunate enough to hear are coming from two gorgeous swedish voices (First Aid Kit), singing in a woodland. The lyrics couldn't be any more true at this very moment.


Can a rainy day get any better than this?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous. Insadong is great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds greeeeeeat. i looove a quiet rainy day.

    i'm sitting in a lovely garden beside the mekong river fighting off the mosquitos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .... well I look out side over my 2nd floor apartment and see construction.... and my window... pfft... let's just say it's no where near ceiling to floor....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, that sounds wonderful except for the mosquitos part :o)

    Andy, sorry about your luck :o) You can come over anytime and enjoy my view!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey chickie... yes, does sound like a glorious rainy day!!!
    I can't reach you by phone right now, it's dead... so I'll drop you a line here. We won't be going to the festival tomorrow, as there are just buds even here - so looks like next weekend is where it's at :) ... where you at? BRECH!

    ReplyDelete