Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jangtaesan: A Beautiful Getaway

Ben's older sister, Sarah, and her little baby boy, Jinu, have come to Daejeon for a visit before she moves back to Korea in July. This weekend we decided to take a relaxing trip to a recreational park in Daejeon called Jangtaesan. So Ben, Mary, Sarah, Jinu, Joon (Sarah's husband), and Rachel (a Korean friend of all of ours), loaded onto a bus and head out to this beautiful, serene, calm landscape for an afternoon of reading, walking, talking, picture taking, and general relaxing.




Sarah and Jinu, both as fair skinned as I am!


The azalea's were out in full bloom and lit the landscape up in flames.



A forest of cypress, perfect for a picnic.

Sarah, and Rachel...hiding from the camera.

Mary and ben, purely chilling.

It was really wonderful to meet Sarah and Jinu, and I am excited for them to join us here in Korea. From what I have learned of Sarah from her visit, it will be a great addition to have her and her little bundle of squeezable, pinchable, cuddle-able, loveable joy.

Safe trip home Sarah and Jinu, and hurry back!

2 comments:

  1. ya! ya! a shout out to my milky sister - white skin is the shizzz in this country (thank goodness) :)
    and, totally unrelated, thank you, thank you for disclosing the secret of the hood on our coats, you have made my winter season infinitely better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics, Meagan. I hope spring comes a little early this year so I can see some of Korea's beautiful flowers before I go. Your flower pics are awesome.

    ReplyDelete