Saturday, October 31, 2009

ECC Halloweeeeeeeen!

So it's Halloween, and all of you who know me well know that I tend to get WAY into the spirit of Halloween. I plan my costume at least a couple months in advance, and promptly get to work on making it from scratch. This process involves many gatherings with the LAdies, many bottles of wine, and piles and piles of fabric, thread, sewing needles, and chocolate...teehee!! Once the costume construction is complete, we party our hearts out among friends, kegs, bonfires, and candy.

Well let's just say that this year was not a normal Halloween for me. There was no planning involved, no LAdies, or wine or piles of fabric, thread, sewing needles, and chocolate. That is because Korea seems to not get psyched about Halloween the way us Canuks do! But nonetheless this Halloween proved to be enjoyable, spent with my favourite little people, and my favourite waygoogins (foreigners). The kids played games all morning, and then we handed out candy, and then went on to teach as usual for the rest of the afternoon/evening. There was also no partying for this girl, as Ben, Mary, Myles and I went to Muju for a weekend of fun, fresh air, and relaxation.

Here are just some of the photos that were taken on Halloween.

The best damn group of waygooks in all of South Korea!!!

Myles, Gloria, Ben, Sarah, and myself

Four waygooks and an ass

Eve Teacher(Sarah) and Mary Teacher, now lovingly called Dong Teacher (Dong means poo)


*Ben Teacher


*the kids watching the races


*Eve Teacher (Sarah) as a beautiful doll


*Kayden from Mary's High B class as Woody!!


*Flora from Mary's High B class


*Alice from Low A


*Aurora from Mid A


*Sean from Low A



*watching the kids race each other



Richard, my Papa's namesake, tiniest of tiny people


Little Nicky...always so calm and relaxed


Alice being wild and crazy as per usual


Nicky, my little prince charming!



Alice, my favourite little girl in the world!



Myself, Myles, and Tina



Elizabeth from Laura and Myles' Mid B class



The little turd slingers waiting for their candy



Ben handing out candy to the little ankle biters



One snotty nosed ape, and Ben displaying the aftermath of one of my rage blackouts!



Eugene from Ben's High C class



Laura Teacher and Eve(Sarah) Teacher



David from my Low A class...smartest little man in town...and he kisses my hand every morning! ^^



Emily Teacher handing out candy


Happy Halloween everyone!!! I hope your Halloween was blissfully wonderful wherever you are in the world!!


*All of the pictures with an asterisks are care of Mary's beautiful talent

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe!! nice... love those little kiddies (the only one missing was my jinu pumpkin). And you of course made a lovely woodland butterfairy :)

    ReplyDelete