Sunday, October 10, 2010

Why I love Toronto or 13 Reasons Toronto Makes Me Smile.

I have come to Canada for a quick visit after 19 months in South Korea.  I'm only here for 3 weeks, visiting with family and friends, renewing my passport, sorting out finances, and generally preparing for my 6 month solo backpacking trip in Southeast Asia.  Last week I went to Toronto for the day to catch up with Sarah, Jinu, and Mary.  While waiting for Sarah and Jinu I had the chance to stroll around the city and soak it all in.  I realized that whenever I stick around Canada for an extended length of time again (sorry mum), I'd love to live in Toronto.

1.  Buildings that touch the clouds AND reflect them.
2.  Interesting artwork dots the streets.
3.  Very Canadian-esque named pubs, proudly displaying our flag and giant moose heads.
4.  Street cleaners doing donuts...just because they can.
5.  The old with the new.
6.  Mini lakes surrounded by trees in the middle of the city.
7.  British inspired pubs...telephone booths and all.
8.  Opportunities for self portraits literally everywhere.
9.  Cute scooters outside of every office building.
10.  Pocket parks dotted throughout the city.
11.  Delicious street meat on every corner.
12.  KOREA TOWN!!!  Korean food, Korean people, Korean everything!

13.  Reunions with old friends (and sweet sweet little ones) over delicious food and drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment