Monday, July 26, 2010

Self-Kindness Sundays: Vacation

I clearly neglected to post anything for week 8, not because I've lost interest, not because I can't find anything else to love about myself, but because my energy and focus was elsewhere.  I simply didn't have the energy to do anything for myself.

This week is my vacation, and let me tell you it's a much needed one.  My nerves are shot, I'm irritable, and  the sticky, thick, wet heat is amplifying my worn out nerves and my irritability, so this vacation couldn't have come at a better time.  I am staying in Korea, to everyone surprise, but my reasoning is that in two months I will be embarking on a 6 months backpacking trip so I need to save my money.  Another reason is that Korea is beautiful and there is still so much I haven't explored here and would like to.  I know I can't do everything and see everything so I chose one group of islands in the south to explore for just a few days with my friend Ashley.  The rest of my week off is going towards cleaning my apartment, packing up things to send home, sleeping, sleeping, and relaxing in air conditioned coffee shops.  This is a blissful plan to me.

So I missed last week (week 8), and I'm going to take this week off as well (week 9).  I'll resume August 8th with week 8...and I didn't even plan the double 8 on purpose!


I will leave you with a beautiful image from the start of my vacation, a weekend away at the beach.

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful. Enjoy your vacation. Looking forward to reading your week 8 post next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am taking a much needed vacation... with the weight of the world already resting snugly on my shoulders, it's hard to think about any other kind of weight.

    Your photograph is beautiful, and so are you... I hope you are refreshing and getting some much needed energy for your last two months! :)

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like we're all taking a rest/vacation.
    I will resume my 20/20 as soon as I am settled here in Greece. I have missed two weeks and can't wait to get out and about with my camera!

    Enjoy your vacations ladies!

    ReplyDelete