Sunday, May 23, 2010

Grungy Chic...Yuchon-Dong
























I am surrounded by a stunning mix of manmade and natural beauty. I am constantly discovering new places to eat, passing an alley I haven't yet noticed, or being pulled aside by an 아줌마 (elderly lady) to tell me I'm 예쁘다 (pretty) and then ask me a million questions about myself. I think that some people may not think of where I live as beautiful, but I certainly do. I like to think of it as Grungy Chic, an eclectic mix of old and new. A contrast between informal and formal. This is the place I currently call home.
The streets I walk to work, to the supermarket, and to some of my favourite cafes, restaurants, and shops. The doorways, alleyways, nooks and crannies I pass while on a run.
This is where I eat delicious food, where I try to go with the flow.
This is where I explore the world and myself, where I learn so many new things.
This is where I plan adventures, where I ponder my life's biggest questions.
This is where I gain creative inspiration, where I meet new people everyday.
This is where I live, love, and laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Love your photos, chic!
    There is nothing better than exploring what's within and with out...

    Speaking of exploration, it's week one of project 20/20 and I'm excited to see what you have in store... be sure to post a blog and let us know about your plan :)

    ReplyDelete