Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Beautiful Sunday!

Two weeks ago I had a relaxing weekend in Daejeon. On Sunday (May 30), I spent the day having lunch, an afternoon green tea latte, a lounge in the park and some tree climbing with a great friend, Nicolette. We always attract a lot of attention in Korea: I'm reflective white, ginger haired, and freckled; Nico is American/Cuban/Puerto Rican/and others that I forget (I'm sorry Nico for butchering your ethnicities!), really short, and extremely loud. However, put those two visions of uniqueness in a very popular park, climbing every tree possible, and you get a freak show.



Comments, stares, cheering, laughing...but we do our best to ignore it or just laugh with everyone so we don't feel like we're in a Foreigner Freak Show.


I don't know about Nico, but I've always been curious as to how it may feel to be in the circus. Now I know that feeling a little bit more.

Ok, so I think Nico may have had dreams of being in a circus too!
What a beautiful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment