Sunday, June 27, 2010

Self-Kindness Sundays: Week 5 of 20

Legs. They are remarkable. They come in so many different shapes, sizes, colours, abilities.

They all tell different stories.

My legs tell a story of great adventures and misadventures.

They have taken me to new heights.

and new lows.

Through open doors.

and closed ones.

They have carried me to different countries.

and through a half marathon.


My legs allow me to jump and splash in puddles.

and ride bicycles all over the city.






They twist, turn, and bend in every which way.

and help me keep up with my little ones.







They have scars, scrapes, and bruises showing where I've been.

and they inspire me to build dreams of where they'll go.

They glide through water.

Hike up mountains.

Fly through the air.

Descend into valleys.

Climb trees and rocks.

Dance all night.

Play all day.

My legs may not look exactly as I would like them to. They may not even function at the level I want them to. Sometimes I feel pain. My knees aren't good, and my right hip locks often, but they have yet to fail me in reaching a goal, fulfilling a dream.

I love my legs. My legs tell a story. A great one. One that will continue to grow and evolve for as long as my little legs allow me.

And I want to give a HUGE thank you to Sarah for taking the most beautiful pictures she could have given the subject matter ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Love. Love. Love.
    Love you and your beautiful legs!!!
    The pictures are fantastic... A great collection of meagy goodness!
    Miss ya babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady! You have fabulous legs!
    And what a team you two make!
    Both photographer and model, your pictures are superb =)

    Legs are a touchy subject for me because although I appreciate mine, there was a point in time when I couldn't walk and I'm still not 100% comfortable with them as they are. With time I have learned to simply appreciate what I have and the hard work I've done to achieve all that I've achieved.
    Honestly though, there are times when I get frustrated because I can't run, or climb, because my leg aren't strong enough, my ankle is too weak etc...at the end of the day though, they get me where I need to go, and I'm glad for that.

    I'm glad you let your legs take you where you want to go and appreciate all that they are worth =)

    Here's to many more journeys with those legs of yours. And smiles too!

    ~Lee-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. "These legs are made for walking and that's just what they'll do... one of these days these legs are gonna walk (or half-nelson) all over you!... dumm dun dun dun dun ..."
    That's the modern day version of "These Boots", ya heard?

    Yes yes, you have fab legs, and I am sure they will carry you through many more an adventure. In no time you'll be whipping them behind your head, yoga styles!

    I'll see you and your legs in the morning!

    Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete