Sunday, June 20, 2010

Self-Kindness Sundays: Week 4 of 20

I've always had a huge smile, and consequently a huge laugh. One that tends to take over my entire face. My cheeks try to eat my eyes, turning them into half moons. The sides of my nose turn up. My complexion turns a bright shade of red. My mouth gapes open displaying my Chicklet sized teeth.On occasion I laugh until my eyes, what's left of them anyway, tear up and send streams down my cheeks. Sometimes I'm a good old knee slapper. Occasionally I sound like a donkey, hyena, and I'm sure many other wild animals. I have been known to snort as well, usually at inappropriate times.
Sometimes people laugh at me. Sometimes they are laughing with me.

I have without intending to, embarrassed people. I also have created laughter for others.

Some consider it infectious, endearing, humorous, and cute. Others find it irritating, loud, obnoxious, and ugly.

What ever other people think doesn't matter, nor will it cause me to change, because the reality is that I can't change it. Sure I can muffle it, cover my mouth, try to suffocate myself, but certainly wouldn't want someone to stiffle their laughter simply because it's a less than enjoyable sound to my ears. Laughter to me is a beautiful thing, I wish I laughed more to be honest.
With that, Week 4 is: I love my plethora of laughs.

They show my joy, happiness, contentment, and I'm sure they bring at least some people joy as well. If my laughter creates even one smile, then I'm more than happy to share.

5 comments:

  1. I want to laugh while reading this actually, cause, ya, you really DO have a laugh - THE laugh. It is unmistakably you! I especially enjoy the husky kind of squeal that comes before the next burst.
    And, I'm so down with chicklet teeth. At least you don't have a space the size of a piece of straw between yours. Hee haw, sista!

    Thank you for assisting in my ability to get to hot yoga and for your help in shedding the pounds and getting some relax time. Ahhh...

    Roll on week 5!

    L O V E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight I opened Meagan's blog, just to see what she has been up to the weekend. Always expecting an adventure showing me the wonderful things in the world. but the first glimpse of the blog I saw was pictures of a beautiful young lady, realizing after a second or so it was one of my beautiful young daughters, quite the delight having not seen her for such a long time. So I would call this my adventure for the week.
    Laughing is good for the heart.
    Love you baby Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. After my rough week last week, your smiling, laughing face sure has perked me up! (Thank you!)

    Hyena laugh eh? I've been accused of having the very same laugh...so distinctive this laugh is, that it actually leads people to find me in Wal-Mart superstores through all aisles and chaos =)
    Sure, I've been teased, but it's mine! And I have learned to love it.

    Glad you have too!

    BEAUTIFUL photos, Meagan. BEAU-TI-FUL!

    ~Lee-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sare, I think your smile is superb...gap and all! And I think that husky squeal is you rubbing off on me!

    Daddy, oh dear you're cute! I read this comment on a break at work and my eyes welled up a little bit. Thanks so much~love love love you!

    Lee-Anne, I'm so happy to have brought a smile to your face! And I'm so pleased to share the hyena laugh!! We could probably be on opposite ends of Wal-Mart and find each other via laughing...fabulous!!!
    Thanks so much for the photo comment! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Girl, your not alone! I'm known for being insanely loud most of the time :D Each laugh is unique so I same embrace yours and run with it!

    ReplyDelete