Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reverb11: Day 14 - gratitude

Gratitude - What five (5) things are you most grateful for from 2011?

There are truly so many things to be grateful for from 2011.  I had such incredible experiences, met amazing people, reconnected with old friends, started a new career, and so much more.

To pick only 5 things was a difficult task, but a very welcomed task.  It is always so refreshing to think about the wonderful things in my life!

First, I am so amazingly grateful for travel.  The opportunity to see the things I have seen, meet the people I have met, and experience the things I have experienced is truly remarkable.  I could never trade my experiences for any amount of money, or objects.  I wish everyday for another chance in my lifetime to travel again.


Second, I am grateful for yoga.  I am grateful for all that it does for my mind, my body, and my spirit.  It truly is a gift in my life that I hold very close to my heart.  




Third, I am so very grateful for my family and friends.  I have friends all over the world and they are always ready and willing to talk to me whenever we can organize ourselves accordingly.  They are always there to be an ear, or feel comfortable to vent to me their stresses and issues.  Even if we don't see each other for years at a time, we somehow are able to mesh, fit and be together as if we had never been apart.  My family remain patient with my nomadic tendencies, my wild dreams, and impossible hopes.  They are supportive when and where they can be, and sensitively realistic when necessary.  I am so lucky and grateful for each person that has entered my life, and even for those who have left my life.  All people, passersby or constant, have touched my life in a tremendous, unforgettable way.  I have so much love in my life it is just amazing!






Fourth, I am grateful to have a home, a roof over my head.  Far too many people in the world have no home to call their own, and to think of that fact saddens me to my core.  There is no where that I feel more safe, warm, and comfortable than in my own home.  I truly and honestly love traveling, however it is somehow sweeter knowing that whenever I need to I can go home.  For that, I am forever grateful.

Fifth, I am grateful for the outdoors.  There is nothing like nature to soothe my nerves, calm my mind, and please my eyes simultaneously.  I am very fortunate to have walked through many different forests, jungles, mountains, fields, and deserts.  Each landscape has something different to offer, and each one is equally inviting, relaxing, and uplifting.  





1 comment:

  1. I love reading the things people are grateful for and I especially love that they're mostly non-material things. There is such beauty all around us. Thanks for sharing your slice of it!

    ReplyDelete