Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Reverb11: Day 7 - Gift Giving

Day 7. Part 2:  “The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give your gift away.” (David Viscott) 
What is your gift to give?


Days that I'm feeling down it is harder to think of what my gift is.  Today I had a good day, leaving me feeling much better than I have in the last few days, so I felt very able to share my gifts...yes you read that right...giftsssss.


I would like to think that at 27 years of age I still have more gifts to discover, but I have been very fortunate thus far to discover the gifts that I have.  Even more fortunate is that I have had the opportunity to give my gifts to others, share myself with those willing to accept.


I was brought up in a very loving family, and taught to wear my heart on my sleeve.  My big heart is a gift, as much as it does cause me pain at times, it is a wonderful gift to have and a true blessing to share.


I found yoga, or yoga found me, at a time in my life where major changes were occurring.  I always put 110% of myself into things that brings me joy, and true to my character I put everything into my yoga practice.  It lead to me meet some amazing people, go to amazing places, and live some amazing experiences.  Yoga is a gift, and my recognition of that and my passion for it lead me to change careers and become a yoga instructor so that I can share this gift with others.  




Other gifts that I love to share:
- the gift of listening...I have always been told that I am a good listener.
- the gift of laughter...I am certainly no comedian, but I have been known to crack people up on occasion.


"Every little gift you give of yourself has the potential to make a big impact". ~Samin Nosrat



No comments:

Post a Comment