Saturday, December 3, 2011

Reverb11: Excited to start!

My friend Mary participated in a Reverb last year, and while reading her Reverb10 while traveling last year I thought it was a great idea and knew that I would participate the next year if I was stationary.  So here I am, stationary, living with my parents again after living abroad for over 2 years, and the upside?  I have daily internet access so I can participate in Reverb11.


What is Reverb you ask...it is very simply put, a reflection on 2011 and a look towards 2012.  When you sign up for Reverb11 you get daily prompts emailed to you to write about, video about, draw about...you get the idea.  


Although I am a few days late getting started I'm going to catch up and then keep up. 


Day 1: Encapsulate the year 2011 in one word. Explain why you are choosing that word. Now, imagine it's one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2012 for you? 

The last 3 years of my life have proved to be very eventful and exciting.  At the start of 2011 I was in Indonesia.  I began this year on Gili Trawangan, and island off the coast of Lombok in Indonesia.  I was viciously ill with food poisoning all day New Years Eve, but was determined to still go out with my boyfriend at the time and his friends.  I was nursing a bottle of water the whole night, but still glad I had gone out.  Seven days after 2011 began, my boyfriend and I flew to Vietnam, from there we went to Laos, then Thailand.  We parted ways there, he went back home to Indonesia, and I continued as planned on to India.  I spent 3 incredible months in India studying yoga, meeting some of the most incredible people in the world, eating amazing food, and opening my heart and mind even more than they already were.  

In May, I finally booked my flight home to Canada, despite my urge to go to Indonesia.  Arriving home was scary, as the unknown always is, but it felt right for me at the time.  

In 2011, I have experienced a lot of change, the last 3 years really have consisted of a tremendous amount of change, but I feel as though this year has more than any other year.  

This year I was in Asia to start, I returned home after 2.5 years away, I moved in with my parents, I became a first time Auntie to a beautiful little girl, changed careers again after finding an amazing job, ended a relationship that I thought was "it", have met some amazing new people, have reconnected with many friends, and have realized that some friendships will never be what they once were.  Looking back on 2011, I loved, laughed, and certainly lived, but I feel as though I could have lived more...I don't know how, it's just a feeling, but I feel that there has to be more. 

So, I would love for my 2012 word to be live.  I know that seems very vague, perhaps seems like a cop-out, and I don't even know exactly what I mean by that, but at this time next year I want to be able to say with pure confidence that I lived.  That I accomplished things I thought impossible for me, that I was myself wholeheartedly, and that I did everything with love, joy, and happiness.  That is my wish.      

If you want to join in on this tremendous experience, it is certainly not too late, click here, sign up and get started! 

2 comments:

  1. Reverb = amazing! So excited to start!

    Fab posts...2011 was quite an adventure for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mer! So excited that you're joining in, can't wait to read your posts!

    It certainly was an adventure for me and apparently the adventure isn't letting up even though we're almost at the end of 2011!

    ReplyDelete