Monday, December 5, 2011

Reverb11: Day 5


Day 5: 5 Things - Describe 5 guilty pleasures.

I feel as though we should never feel guilty for doing something that brings us pleasure.  Unless, of course, it at the same time is harming another person, in that case there should definitely be some guilt involved.

I can proudly say, with my head held high, that none of my guilty pleasures can harm another person.

I love being barefoot so I try to draw out sandal usage as much as possible.  To do so, I tend to wear socks with my sandals, which according to the fashion police is a HUGE faux pas.  I'm guilty of this deep deep pleasure of wearing socks with my Birkenstocks...and I will never give it up!

I dislike Christmas.  Not to be a scrooge, but it is not my favourite holiday. To start I'm not really a winter person, as much as i enjoy snowboarding and other winter sports I do wish the snow was just on the trees, hills and mountains.  Aside from that, I also seem to have bad things happen around the Christmas seasons...death, accident, broken heart, you name it, it has happened around Christmas time.  But one Christmas related guilty pleasure if Mariah Carey's Christmas cd...I know I know, but it just reminds me of a time that Christmas wasn't riddled with negativity.

CHOCOLATE.  Enough said.

Shopping for myself.  I absolutely love giving gifts to others and never regret a purchase when it's for someone else, but for myself I have buyers remorse almost immediately every time!  Even though buying myself a new pair of pants that shows off my great bum brings me joy, I still feel guilty about spending the money on myself.

Having no censor.  I say what is on my mind, no censor, no holding back.  I love my honesty, my openness, but often suffer for it.  For example, being too honest and upfront with feelings leads to a man freaking out and running for the hills.  So although I don't want to ever apologize for, regret, or resent my honesty, I often do.


I wish to get to a place where I don't feel guilt for doing something harmless that brings me joy.  I hope to one day find a person that can handle my honesty, that will love and appreciate my honesty, that will not pretend to be happy with that trait but then turn around and run.   

No comments:

Post a Comment