Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Reverb11: Day 6 Part 2

There are more than one Reverb prompts to sign up for, so I'm going to answer the prompt from more than one if the mood strikes me!

Day 6. Part 2: What can you do to add ease to 2012?

2011 has had many goodbyes, and it doesn't seem to be letting up as we near the end either!  

I think the best way to ease 2012 is to add another wall.  People close to me keep telling me that my heart is too big, that I trust too easily, and that I let people in too quickly.  I know that those traits open me up to potentially receive more pain, however they also open me up to experiences that I wouldn't have in my life otherwise.  It's a tough decision: potential for pain, or potential for experiences.

2011 was most certainly a year of amazing experiences, mostly due to openness, love, and trust.  This year also involved a lot of pain due to openness, love, and trust.

To add ease to 2012, I don't want to build a complete wall, maybe one of those walls in cubicles that are somewhat thin, both easy to put up and take down, and that you can decorate easily with pushpins.  I need to start protecting my heart, but I know I would be doing a huge disservice to myself to close it completely.  

At the end of the day...or year...ease seems boring to me.  I suppose everything requires balance, some ease, some difficulty.  A graceful balance between the two, with a bit more weight in the difficulty category would be just fine with me for 2012!

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller.   

No comments:

Post a Comment