Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful Thursdays V.2

My day started out well.  I taught a yoga class to 18 High School students this morning, and it was a remarkable way to start my day.  They were all focussed and energetic and unlike my first class with them last week, they didn't make a peep throughout the whole class.  It was fabulous!

Unfortunately my day didn't go the way one would expect it to given its start.  Around 3 o'clock I developed a headache, and stomachache...neither of which being something you want when you have to teach 2 more yoga classes.  The stomachache only got worse, which by the time my 5:30pm class rolled around i was feeling quite horrid.  After the class I drank gallons of water, well maybe not gallons, but certainly a lot!  Thankfully I had 2 hours to start feeling better before my next class, and even more thankfully, I did start to feel better.  My energy level rose, my stomachache washed away, and I started to get pumped to teach.

My class flew by and it felt great.  The energy in the room was positive, invigorating, and inspiring.  After the class I was filled with a calm energy that, honestly I hadn't felt in a few days.  So I closed up the yoga studio, blasted some of my favourite songs, and sang my heart out.  Which (finally), brings me to what  I am feeling ever so thankful for today.  I am thankful for music.  Music of any kind really.  I have a deep respect for anyone who writes and sings with their heart on their sleeve.  It is extremely courageous to sing for others, especially when the words have come from the heart and soul of the person.  

Music soothes my nerves, lifts my heart, and warms my soul.  

I want to share one of my favourite songs to belt out in the bath right now, so enjoy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment