Thursday, December 8, 2011

Reverb11: Day 9 - the power to be super

Day 9: If you were a superhero, what would your power be?

This is an awesome question!  I was so stoked to think about this question.

I thought about all of the fun powers I could have. Flying. Being invisible.  Super strength.  X-ray vision.  Spidey sense.  Psychic abilities. 

But ultimately I came back to how I am currently feeling and thought at this very moment, the power I would want to have is the power to detect lies.  The power to know when someone is 100% honest, trustworthy, and genuine(although flying came in a close second!). 

With the power of detecting lies, I could not only help myself, but I could help others, whereas if I could fly I would likely just fly around all day enjoying the fresh air above the clouds and the sun beaming on my skin, which does not sound like a bad thing, but does only help me. 

And I wouldn't be a superhero if I weren't helping others now would I?

When it comes right down to it, however, we all have the power to be super, whether or not we can fly, or see everyones underpants, or walk on water.  We are all special, fantastic, and super in our own way.

2 comments:

  1. I chose flying so I do feel a tiny bit ashamed that I didn't think about helping others with power *embarrassed face*. That said, I do think your chosen power is a great one. :) Truth is incredibly important and the ability to discern it at anytime cannot be overestimated.
    Thank you again for commenting on my blog and following me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be embarrassed in the slightest...putting our own needs first is definitely not a bad thing!

    Thank you for joining me here and taking the time to comment as well :)

    ReplyDelete